- Why the industry has been dumbed down
- What the issues are with done for you products
- What happens if you don’t know your audience
- Why a lot of done for you products don’t actually work
- Why hype works for some people and not others
- Why you are not able to get affluent clients
- What is so important about your clients mindset
- Why you should never do anything or give something away for free
- Why I had the scarcity mindset
- Why everyone jumps from brand idea to business strategy, and skips brand strategy
- Why the brand strategy is so important
- Who follows the branding process the right way and the wrong way
- Why you should be in another industry if you want to make a lot of money
- How you find the right clients to work with
- Why a lot of trainers have a tough time finding clients
- Why fitness pros are frustrated all the time
Really well said Rocco. Wish I would have chatted with you more in Vegas at the KBL mastermind… you know your stuff man! People always looked at me weird for rejecting all those done-for-you business blueprints in favor of building my own “brand” from the ground up… guess I just always had that desire to think for myself… and to keep challenging myself with business.
I think it’s incredibly important to have mentors but like you said, but that you still need to THINK for yourself and realize WHY you’re doing the things you’re putting into place instead of blindly implementing it—and thereby remaining incredibly disconnected from your market base and out of touch.
Yea… Ben I wish I would have been able to talk to you too. I have a telephone, Skype and email… if you ever need to talk, give me a call.
Rocco, you’re wise beyond your years, young man…haha. And, Erik, great job on this interview!
One of the biggest problems with our industry is the MTV mentality of instant gratification (done-for-you material) and a lack of willingness to ‘pay your dues’. Like Ben said, mentors are important, but you still have to think for yourself.
I loved your comment about your client not being able to get ‘rich’ people and not understanding why…Sometimes you find your niche and sometimes your niche finds you.
Warning: Parents tuck your kids away PG time is over.
Wow this BY FAR has been the MOST entertaining fitness business interview EVER.
Thanks to you guys since I now don’t need to work my abs today since I been laughing for the last 22 minutes.
Rocco THANK you again for saying it like it is and being real and genuine. You my friend were the first ever “7 figure trainer”
Thank you for paving the way for the rest of us.
Erik: Thank you for all you do with Super Trainer and http://www.FitnessBusinessInterviews.com
Quote of the video by Rocco, “You can play whatever you want!”