Everyone in marketing has heard the word USP (Unique Selling Proposition). And if you haven’t then you need to get on some Dan Kennedy books and know what yours is, as it’s not only important that you have it, but also crucial that it differentiates you from your competitors. Check out a great explanation of it here http://dankennedy.com/blog/small-business-marketing-tips/unique-selling-proposition-vs-dumb-slogans/
I’m sure a lot of fitness businesses don’t have a USP, but why compare your self to them. You should strive to be exceptional and really separate yourself from everyone else in the area.
But then there is a concept that can take things to a whole other level.
U.E.P. represents all the different ways you can create a unique experience for your prospects and clients. This can range from the buying experience (is it like any other or do you already deliver a ton of value and a different feeling from the get go), feel of your gym, the design and music that’s playing, events you put on to show you appreciation, surprises you throw for your clients, etc.
How professional everything looks and whether it matches what you promote through your marketing (does your marketing fall in line with what people see and feel when they walk through your doors?)
Here are some things that can create a U.E.P. in your fitness business:
– Custom graffiti and artwork presenting the “personality” of the business
– Bringing in a live DJ every month
– Making charity boot camp something that happens consistently and involving the community, especially the involving your members and the charities they support
– Taking all your clients out to dinner for no other purpose than to show your appreciation and getting to know them on a more personal level
– Gym parties with a theme, prizes and a community feel
– Movie quality videos in a form of a documentary about your gym, your purpose, your clients story http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR8uRx0fJMU
Think about how many experiences you could implement that are unique and create a special feeling of appreciation and belonging with your clients. Every month, sit down and write out just 2-3 different things that you can implement that will create a U.E.P.
Make sure you are adding your own personality to it as well as the creating a unique feel to all the experiences so that clients relate it to your business and it’s something that can’t be replicated.
Vigor Ground Fitness and Performance
www.VigorGroundFitness.com (coming soon)