The fitness business industry is beginning to be over saturated with “how to” advice that has no merit, and most likely hasn’t been tested in the real world. It’s not a surprise that our industry mimics the fitness industry itself, especially “as seen on” products. It seems like every week there is a new self proclaimed “guru” spouting off at the mouth about how to gain clients, retain clients, make six figures with a mindset shift, and blah blah blah. The list goes on and on. The questions we need to ask ourselves are, 1) Does this person actually own/run a fitness facility 2) Does this person actually train people 3) Does this person interact with their “clients”.
Personally I’m sick and fucking tired of all the bullshit. I’ve had enough, and that is why Luka and I have started on this path. To create a family. Where we pass along information and strategies that we use every day, in real world applications. We work on our businesses, in our businesses, and still find the time to have a lifestyle that most people dream of. This isn’t braggin, it’s the freaking truth…. Did I mention we both bust our asses training ourselves as well?
There are plenty more words I could use describe what this movement is about, but I would rather you decide for yourself.
Running a successful fitness business is more than just showing up. It’s more than just getting your clients amazing results (although if you can’t do this, it’s time to look for another job), it’s more than running tricky marketing ads.
A large part of your success will be based on how appreciated your clients feel. PERIOD! The most beautiful sound in any language is your own name.
Do you truly show appreciation to your clients?
Here is a quick set of questions that will allow you to better serve your clients, for our purposes we will call this the APPRECIATION AUDIT:
1) Do you know every single one of your client’s names? How often do you use their name when they are in your facility?
2) Do you send Thank You cards? Welcome cards? Cards for when they accomplish a goal?
3) Do you call them/ have someone call them to say Thank You? Check up on them when they don’t show up?
4) Do you ALWAYS give referral rewards when a client’s friend signs up? A referral thank you card? Phone call?
5) Do you put on client appreciation events?
6) Do you have a private Facebook group set up just for your clients
7) Do you have a time when clients can sit down with you and just talk without charging them?
8) Do you ask your members/ client’s about their families? Personal Lives?
9) Do you run charity boot camps for causes that matter to your members?
There is just a few, but the list could go on forever.
The point that I’m trying to get across to you is that you MUST appreciate the people who pay your bills, and allow you to live your dreams.
Seven Figure Sam Bakhtiar is my Coach. I got off the phone with him the other day, and INSTANTLY received a call from one of his assistants THANKING ME for being a part of his coaching group. I received an email THANKING ME for joining. It made me feel amazing. It’s POWERFUL, and it is guaranteed to help you grow your business like crazy!
Just remember, there must be a SYSTEM to your appreciation. If you would like a copy of my client appreciation system make sure to leave a comment below, including your email address, and I will send that shit out ASAP!
One more question…..
Steven Krebs and Luka Hocevar