As the saying goes, “If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride.”
It seems everyone has a pipe dream these days. You probably know tons of people like this.
- “One day, I’m going to own a bar.”
- “Well, I’m planning to go back to school in the fall…”
- “This is the spot where the flat-screen TV will go on the wall…”
- “I’d like to be married with children… someday…”
- “I’m looking for a new car.”
- “I’ll quit smoking when it reaches $10 a pack.”
- “I’d like to lose 20 pounds.”
- “Eventually I’ll own my own business.”
- They won’t own that bar because they’re renting an apartment with no equity.
- They won’t go back to school because they haven’t saved the money or applied anywhere.
- They won’t get that flat screen TV because they only work part-time and are behind in their bills.
- They won’t be married with children because they’re dating losers in need of “saving.”
- They won’t get a new car because they blow all their money on eating out and going to the movies.
- They won’t quit smoking when it’s $10 a pack cause they didn’t quit smoking when it reached 5.
- They won’t lose 20 pounds because they’re not willing to make the sacrifices in diet or exercise.
- They won’t own their own business eventually because they know nothing about business.
Psychologically, ideas make us feel good. We think, “There is nothing I can’t do! The world is my oyster!”
But the path to success doesn’t always “feel good” 100 percent of the time. There is much work to be done along the way. You need to set smart goals – not just long term, but short term as well. We’re talking a daily plan here. If you’re not doing something every single day to make it one step closer to your end-goal, then you’re not going to be successful. You’re not serious. You’re a daydreamer.
You know, the “Snuggie” is just a glorified backwards robe… a blanket with arms… but someone had the guts to implement this simple idea and, to date, more than 4 million have been sold. (Multiply 4 million times’ $19.95 and you’ve got a LOT of loot!)
Brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss whined and cried that Harvard colleague Mark Zuckerberg took their multi-million-dollar idea and ran with it to create Facebook. But you know what? Those two clowns only had the idea of creating a social network. Don’t feel sorry for them. All they had was some back-end coding and a dream. Mark Zuckerberg actually took his knowledge and his ideas, and created a marketable end-product. He had the ambition and the wherewithal to make it happen. He implemented.
Remember, ideas without implementation = hallucination.
Take a confident step toward your end goal today.
I want your shirt .lol!!!! My toenail fell off from runinng to, turned black and then just popped off .now there is a ugly lil toenail there ..but we push on .it’s what wee runners do ..WHAT!!! Runners .that is what we are ..amazing huh ..1.5 years ago I would not have ran even if something was chasing me ..now I do it b/c (as Wendy says) ..I CAN!!! You rock? ladybug .so proud of you and what you are becoming ..