Fresh Impressions on Brandmarks (from my 5-year-old)
What did you think about the video?
These are multimillion dollar and multibillion companies spending lots of money for brand recognition and a people will still get mixed up. That is one of the reasons that direct response marketing is the most efficient way to get a greater ROI.
Here are my thoughts on branding:
– Make it clear what you stand for
– Make it simple to understand
– Most trainers are not building multimillion brands and don’t have the budget to spend on name recognition. That being said you are building your brand daily with anything you say and do so make it count.
– It is important to do but it is a long-term investment.
– You will get paid more for who you are instead of what you do if you can build a strong enough brand.
Every time you post something on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest or any social media you are contributing to your brand. Anytime you give a talk, presentation, speech or keynote you are branding yourself and your business. Every time you train a client, every time you interact with your clients or prospects you are contributing to your brand.
Are you happy with the brand you are building?
If NO, then lets get to work. Find out what you want your brand to be; then go after it. *Side Note: BE AUTHENTIC. Don’t be something you are not. People can spot the pretenders eventually. There is only one of you so let people see what makes you special and why they should do business with you.
If you can answer YES, then ask yourself this question:
Can a 5 year old understand my brand?
If the answer is NO, then start whittling down the excess fluff. It is easier to spread and idea if everyone can understand it. I know this is easier said than done but you don’t build greatness overnight. Greatness is not a destination but a process. Take it one day at a time.
I want to hear from you. Do you Agree or Disagree and why?
Start the dialogue now… Looking forward to your insight.
Armando “The Professor” Cruz MSPT, CSCS, ATC